Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's over

In a very anti-climactic way Aaron came into our bedroom Friday around noon to announce that he had submitted his last assignment. Barring any strange rejection of the assignment from his instructor he was done with his Masters.

It was kind of disappointing. After he said he was done I just stood there for what seemed like hours, when in fact I'm sure was mere seconds, waiting for the angels to sing or balloons to drop. After 9 long years of schooling there was surely a more substantial way to end it.

Thanks to some wonderful in laws and great friends who watched the kids we were able to go away to Pebble Beach for the weekend to celebrate. I will post pictures tomorrow. We will also be having a big celebration next month for friends and family.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I know what you mean. This has been such a long, ARDUOUS process, angels should've been singing! I'm glad you got away!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you were able to get away! Hope things went well and there was a whole bunch of hand holding going on! *grin*
Can't wait to catch up with you! Talk to you soon!
Hugs,
Robyn