Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I miss my Mom

My Mom passed away 5 years ago next month. She is my inspiration for the name of my blog.
She turned 50 in January, had a stroke and passed away 3 weeks later on April 24. My Mommy was the best ever. After going through things as a child that no one should ever go through she became a better person because of it.

I wish I could only be half as good of a person as she was. I have been missing her a lot lately. I want to call her and tell her what the kids are doing. I want to invite her over to make cards, go shopping and bake. She was an awesome grandma and would be so good for my girls.

I want her to tell me how I was a child, how she kept a clean house with 8 kids and that my marriage will survive these next few week of stress.

If you have a mommy still around give her a big hug and kiss and tell her you love her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you are missing your mom! It must be really hard when your stressing and want to talk to her about whatever! I am sure you are all that your mom was. Hang in there...!Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way!
Hugs,
Robyn

scrapmomof5 said...

Thanks Robyn! I only wish I was all that my Mom was. I do keep trying though. She is my hero.

Wendy said...

Hi Helen--Hugs to you, though I know they aren't nearly as good as Mom hugs. I will call mine today. Thank you for the reminder to cherish our Moms while we have them.

Looking foward to seeing you in May~!