Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scrapbookers in Action


4 of us gals walked the Shamrock'n 5K today. Adrien, Robyn, Cora and I met at the store and then I drove us to Raley Field for this annual event. We had such a good time.

Adrien and I quickly became seperated from the other 2 as we set our faster pace.

We used this guy as our pacer:

I mean how hard could it be to keep with an 89 year old. Right? Maybe we could even place before him.

Along the way we saw many beautiful buildings and sites including this:


Adrien and I finished in about 52 minutes. Official times are in 51 minutes and 56.2 seconds for me and 52 min 17.6 seconds for Adrien. (Yes we did beat old guy - by about 20 seconds!) We will find out official times once they are posted tonight. Robyn and Cora... well lets just say they finished. I am so proud of them. This was a first for Robyn and a 1st in many years for Cora. Neither have trained at all for this. Yeah girls! Good job!


We had a blast. We raised money for charity (prostate cancer I believe), got some excercise and saw some fun groups of people.


It has been decided that we will form our own group.

Scrapbookers

in
Action

We are going to get shirts made that say Scrapbookers in Action on the front and say 'Scrapbook This' on the back. Logo to be determined. How fun!

For now you can find recent pictures. Soon I will post the upcoming races that we will be participating in. The only requirement to join our group is that you be a scrapbooker (spouses of scrapbookers eligable as long as they support scrapbooking).

Once the shirts are designed I will provide a link so everyone can order one.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That's so great, Helen! I'm so impressed that you do this--physically and the new Scrapbookers in Action idea!

Unknown said...

Whoohooo! Yep...and guess what I looked up the times...and CORA and I were NOT LAST! Yippeeee! And my time was 1hr 4min and 49secs! Not bad for a first timer. They logged me in as 22 mins a mile! I think that is fantastic...now on too walking more and more...more..
hugs,
Robyn