Friday, March 14, 2008

Expert Scrapbooker

How do you become and expert in your field? Are there standards to determining an expert or do you just declare yourself such?

As I have done more media and community events I am often declared a Scrapbook Expert. How did they decide that? Rarely have they seen my work or even my resume. Is it because I have a fairly nice bio listed several places? Maybe because I own a Scrapbook store?

If there is a certian criteria where can I find it?


Last night Sarah and I presented at a Live Borders event. It is interested to be seen as a professional. I still feel like that high school kid who got her first job by having her best friend ask for her. The difference now is that I LOVE teaching adults and don't do so well with teens. LOL. Funny how things change.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Interesting questions, Helen! I think being so good at what you do, which you are exceptionally good at what you do, has got to be the first criteria. I'm excited for you and how your dream has blossomed!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...interesting question. I think I am an expert in 'being a customer at the Scrapbook Addict'! So, yes...something one is good at!
Hugs,
Robyn