Monday, August 18, 2008

I had my cake and ate it too!

I LOVE my birthday. I love an excuse to get together with friends and family and celebrate. Since becoming an adult kids, family, work, etc hinder the celebration somewhat.

Not this year!
I will start with the work party. Sarah and I celebrated our birthdays together at the store. We had a blast with close friends and coworkers.



Being a photographer at heart and a scrapbooker by profession it only seemed fitting that we have a photo op during the party. We had our guest use provided props to pose for a month of the year. Then we are going to compile the pictures into a calendar for each guest. We had some great pictures. I will share some of them later.


I was a lucky girl. Kim made me a small sign in book that the guests could sign or write a nice message. In addition to this gorgeous hair (Liz paid for me to get my hair colored and cut).


She also made the cake and other goodies for the party and even got me a gift card to Starbucks. Cora and Patricia gave me a gift card to Panda Express and Linda and Tiffany gave me a gift card to Target. I am all set for a while! Thanks ladies.


The most awesome thing was the book they made us. Sarah and I each got our own 8x8 book. Robyn, Adrien, Robin, Dorothy, Liz, Frannie and Shelly put together the funniest book titled 'A day in the life of a Scrapbooker'. It was hilarious. They each did a spoof on an addiction. Then using scrapbooking supplies they created a scene and photographed and scrapbooked it. It is the best thing! I love it!


Saturday was my actual birthday. I got to go to the movies with my Mother in law and Sister in law. We saw Mama Mia.

It was very cute. I didn't realize it would be so silly. There were lots of funny, lighthearted moments. It had an adult theme but was not deep.


After the movie the 3 of us stopped for ice cream. I at a yummy sundae.


Later that night (after a short nap) DH and I went out for dinner. I have been wanting to go to the Melting Pot for at least 3 years. Last week I got an email for a free chocolate fondue for my birthday. So I called and made reservations.



We had a great night. Who doesn't like dipping in their food in hot gooey cheese or chocolate?! The spinach, artichoke cheese dip was delicious and the flaming turtle chocolate oh so decadent.



Sunday was my icing. Sarah and I went with Liz and Jen to the Daughtry concert. I think it needs its own post but let me just say it was a day to remember.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! What a great post! AAaccckkkk! Is that Chris? OMG! I would never ever shower again where he touched me!
I am thrilled you loved the book that we made! It was a hoot to make and we love you guys to pieces so it was from the heart!
Talk soon! Very soon!
Cheers!

Come by when you get a minute and check something out...I thought it was really cool and wanted to share! Part I & II!

Christy said...

It looks like you had a BLAST for your birthday. I am glad you got to have a good time and have it be all about you! I loved Mamma Mia too!

Unknown said...

Well, come by and check out my last post for the mystery trip! A bit late but better late than never I say! LOL!
Many hugs!