Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who am I?

I am a working mother and wife.
I scrapbook and craft with my daughters.
I have taught Mariah to be an entreprenuer and to work for the things she wants. I have seen her successfully start a business at school and then sell her homemade scarves in my store. I have seen the joy in her eyes as she has earned money to go to girls camp and to sly park. She knows that she can do anything.
I cuddle with my boys and read them books. I laugh as Parker dances and mimicks words. I am amazed that Alyssa is so sensitive yet continues to put herself out there trying new things.
I am a homemaker. I clean, cook, shop, fix, mend and create.
I am a friend. I listen to and vent with friends as we party, talk, eat and scrapbook. I share and contribute to relationships.
I am a student. I am continuing my education so that I can learn and grow. I am teaching my children by example the importance of continuing an education. I hope to get my bachelors in Business Administration in 2011.
I am not a good stay at home mom. I do better with quality time versus quantity time. I tried staying at home with my kids for 9 years. I am grateful for that time but have discovered that for me it is best when I work.
I am great at multi-tasking. I do best when I have a lot going on. I thrive on deadlines and juggling schedules.
I like to read. My favorites are historical fiction.
I used to like to cook. Now I like to eat out!
I am addicted to my computer. I check everyones blogs daily and facebook several times a day.
I want to have a good relationship with my family and keep putting myself out there only to be hurt over and over.
I love my husband. He is the most forgiving, honest, dependable, caring, self-less man.
I hate my accounting class. I will be glad when this semester is over. On the other hand I love my economics class. My teacher is horrible but I love the topic.
I am scared for the future of the world and what it holds for my children. The economy is scary.
I eat chocolate every day. Even if it is just one piece.
I need between 8-10 hours of sleep every night. I can take a nap and still sleep 8 hours.
I just had surgery last week. Hopefully my anemia will improve and I will finally stop being cold.
I want to find a job that will allow me to provide for my family and that I will enjoy. I want a job that will allow me to go to my kids school and church functions. I want to feel secure in a career.
I am sad that my dream of owning a scrapbook store is over. I will forever be grateful that I took the leap to try it. I have had experiences and freindships that I will treasure the rest of my life.
I am grateful for my mother-in-law for supporting me in my dream and reminding me that I am a good person.
I love reality tv and watch most of the new shows. Good thing I can multi-task as I usually study while watching!
I just interviewed today for a position with Walmart. I have a 2nd interview tomorrow. It is for a supervisor position in the shoe department.
I have a boot fetish. I own at least 4 pairs of boots and would own more if they sold them in wide width more often.
Aaron and I are getting our passports soon. We don't have plans to use them but we are getting them anyway.
My digital SLR camera is one of my favorite things. Taking pictures is a calming wonderful thing. I so horrible at playing the tooth fairy that I finally just fessed up and now the girls just bring their lost teeth straight to me in exchange for a dollar.
My favorite outfit is a red and black dress with my black boots. It is so comfy and yet cute!
I love to see live theatre. My favorite show ever is Wicked. It is in San Francisco and I would love to take all the girls.
Mariah and I went to see Wicked last year in LA and then went to Disneyland. I would love to go back and take the whole family.
I dream of remodelling our kitchen.
I am in the middle of a bankruptcy for the business. Unfortunately this also means I have to file personally as well. Good thing I am not planning on making any large purchases in the near future!
If I could I would join a gym and take the kids. We will start with weekly walks around the block.
Getting LASIK was one of the best decisions. I love being able to see while swimming.
I can get me and all 5 kids ready in a shorter amount of time than it takes Aaron to get ready.
I used to greatly dislike Halloween but since we started dressing up as a family theme I love it. We plan next years theme before this Halloween has even passed.
Time and money allowing I will both sky dive and bungee jump this year.
My guilty pleasure is getting my hair dyed and my eybrows waxed.
I have to keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room or I never get up.

5 comments:

v said...

You are indeed an amazing woman, I'm grateful to have you as a sister-in-law!

Love you!

Sherry said...

What a fun list! I was just thinking yesterday that I ought to ask you about your lasik. I know we talked about it before you went down... but I wanted to know how you actually survived it all... you know with your eye all open and lasers and stuff... anyway. Thanks for the get to know you more list!!!

Unknown said...

Quite a mouth full Helen but WELL said, girlie!
~Robyn

Melissa said...

Time to update your blog=). What's going on with the job searches and life? Love you.

christykyker said...

Hey, I kind of want to go skydiving too. Maybe we can syke ourselves up enough to go and do it together. That would be scary, but fun!