Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Andrew.

My oldest son turned 5 today! He is our superbowl baby. Coming from two non-sport parents I didn't even know it was superbowl the day he was born until the husband of the new mom I was sharing a post-delivery room with said something. Liz made this birthday cake. Andrew asked for a bionical cake but that was a little too much. We then suggested a lego cake. She had never made one before. I think it turned out great! As an added bonus Aaron and I found these candles that spell his name at Evangeline's in Old Sac. How fun!
Andrew was thrilled with all of his presents: a transformer, lots of bionicals, a shirt and Martian Matters. His oldest cousin Kamron, or 'big one' as Andrew called him, was elected to put the kits together. Kamron has been a lego fan for many many years and is quite the expert. Andrew let his younger cousin Logan unwrap a few of his gifts. He had a great birthday!





3 comments:

Sherry said...

I can't believe Andrew is already five years old! Boy, you'd think that I'd be prepared since sariah was born the same year and she's turning 5 soon... Anyway, thanks for sharing your cute pictures.. the cake really looked like legos.

Clayton said...

I love the cake, that's way fun. The frosting looks nasty though.

Christy said...

That cake turned out WONDERFUL! Good creativity and great job getting the colors so true. That is always hard for me. It looks like he had a lot of fun!