Friday, January 23, 2009

My Mom




Today is my Mom's Birthday. She would have been 55 this year. I have missed her dearly the last 5 years since she returned to her heavenly home. My mom was my best friends. I could talk to her about anything. She would listen and give advice when asked, but never judge. She was true to herself, her family, friends and church. Her talents amaze me still. I remember the summer she made a mall for our Barbies complete with swim suits, pjs, dresses, pants, even a wedding dress for each of us. She cooked, baked, did many crafts, stayed caught up with family and friends.






I love you Mom!






In her honor I got a tattoo of a ladybug for the lady who meant so much to me. This was added to my daisy chain I got last year as a Mothers day present. It has 2 large daisies for Aaron and I. They overlap and are now connected. Then there are 5 additional daisies for each of my seedlings. I love seeing and having them with me always.

3 comments:

Cora Lynn said...

that is so cool! a MALL!?

Clayton said...

It's wierd to not have Mom around. I wonder how different things would be for me. Lisa never knew her. It's wierd how my mission totally divided my life. One life I was a kid and she was there, and the next life I am an adult and having to figure everything out on my own. I wish she was there to get advice from, to let me know that when things suck that it's okay.

-

So, when did you get the first tattoo? I don't remember seeing it in July. Can I ask why? Do they hurt as bad as I think they would? What do your kids think of them?

Anonymous said...

Love it. Absolutely beautiful coloring on that tatt!