Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm an Athlete

I signed up with a local running group this week. I told them I don't run, I walk. They said no problem. They tricked me. My first workout on Saturday the coach has me walking 1 minute, jogging 30 seconds. I kept that up for 1 mile. I walked/jogged over 3 miles.

Today I took the family out. We walked to a local park and I did laps while the kids played. I was able to get in 2 1/2 more miles. Yeah!

The best part is the GPS wrist unit Aaron got me. He says it is an early birthday present. It is great. It calculates my mileage, pace, laps, calories burned and when I get home I download the information it has stored and it makes a chart. This is so helpful.

My goals are to complete my next half marathon in under 4 hours. I plan to do the Cow Town Marathon in October, Big Sur half Marathon in November and take part in my first Marathon Relay the CIM in December.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have missed popping in here! What a lovely post! Come by and visit when you can! Lot's of hugs!
Robyn

Wendy said...

WOW! That is really great, Helen!