Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Florida

I am back from a week long trip to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.



Sarah wanted to go to a scrapbook convention for a long time. When she saw this one earlier this year she knew it would be perfect. Her oldest son, Mason, has grandparents there. Due to some strange flight availability we got in 3 days before our convention and stayed 2 days after. It allowed us to be tourists.



We took the red eye Monday night getting in Tuesday morning around 11am. We headed to sawgrass mall. It was HUGE. After walking the entire thing from one end to the other and back we were done. Then we headed to Hollywood beach. It was incredible. The water was warm and clear.



Wednesday was my favorite day. We went on an Everglade Air Boat tour to see the alligators. It was awesome.




On the right are the boats we went in. It started as a beautiful morning.



We saw an owl, vultures, butterflies, lily pads, spanish moss and cattails.




Then it started raining. Not just a little sprinkle but full on - someone turned on the faucet- type of rain. I was on the edge of the boat and the rain was coming in. I tried scooting to the middle but then rain was coming in through the seams in the boat. I was WET. I didn't care though. It was warm and I was busy taking pictures of the alligator!
See how close it got to the boat? I could have reached over and touched it.
After we were thouroughly soaked and had gotten all the pictures our cameras could hold. (I took over 50 just of the gator) We went and tried gator. It was good!
We had fun being tourists. We each got a shirt with a gator that says Bite Me. The boys each got hats. Fun day!

For dinner we went to the Rustic Inn, a local place known for its crab. We had a sampler plate with more gator. This was better than the first. It was moist and tender. I also tried a frogs leg. It was ok. Like they say it tasted like chicken.




Thursday our classes started at CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention).


We completed a 6x6 album in one evening.




Over the next two days we took 13 classes and 2 evening crops. We made an altered clipboard, 2 acrylic albums, a calendar, mini album, paper bag book, lots of layouts and a few more albums! It was great. We had such a good time getting rejuvinated and back into the scrapbook mode.




Our favorite teachers were Megan Hoeppner of Simple Scrapbooks



and Emily of Creating Keepsakes.
These are just some silly pictures of us. We kept passing a building that said Mental Ward (turns out is a bar that is closed down). We had to stop and pose like escape lunatics!

5 comments:

sarah said...

I cant wait to read more!!! hehehehehe

Unknown said...

great pictures!!! looks like you guys had fun!

Unknown said...

Love the mental and bite me photos! Hmmmm...it seems to fit a bit don't you think girly! LOL! Love ya!
Many hugs,
Robyn

P.S. Come and stop by my blog and say hello!

Unknown said...

Come by and say hello and see me! I have posted some pics! Did something very new to me...eeekkk! Had some fun but thought I would give it a try!
Hugs,
Robyn

Megan said...

Giddy up! I made the "favorite teacher" list. That's SO cool. You've made my year!

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this post. Yes, it admittedly took me Googling my own name to find it, but that doesn't mean you can go and judge me. Come on, we both know you've done it too. ;)

Anyhoo, thanks for showing me the blog love. I'm glad you crazy chicas had fun in sunny FL.

Cheers!
Megan, your Simple friend