Monday, April 6, 2009

I just love it here!

So today was the girls first day of school. We had already met the principal when we enrolled them 3 weeks ago. He was very nice.
We all went to see them off on their new adventure. As we were walking up we were greated by a teacher who asked if we were the 'new' family. She has a 2nd grade son who would be in Caitlyn's class.
Then before we could get to the door a group of girls asked "which one of you is Mariah?" Each class had been told they would be getting a new girl from California. They told Mariah to come with them and off they went.
It was so great to see the girls taken in and shown the ropes.
Even after school they were still excited. Caitlyn says her new best friend is named Zoe!

I am so glad that they are fitting in and making friends so quickly. Right now the girls are all riding their scooters around the neighborhood in hopes of catching sight of a new friend.

I started work today and had a similar reaction. Everyone was very open and welcoming. My job is customer service. I get to answer a lot of emails; mostly where is my order type of stuff. Not terribly exciting but I get to work in the industry and with great people.

6 comments:

Flem said...

Yay!! That sounds fantastic. I am so happy to hear about your good experiences and look forward to more in the near future.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad!!!

Christy said...

I am so glad for you guys. I have read your past several posts and it sounds like you are living in dream ward, stree, area and school. I don't think things could have gone any smoother! What a great blessing and probably reassurance that you are making the right decision!!

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you! That sounds fantastic for the girls too! Bummer to have you leave Ca, but things sure did fall into place for you there. Happy living :)

Sarah O

Amber said...

That is so good. I would think that would be a big stress of leaving in the middle of a school year, wanting your kids to make friends and fit in. Hope your job going well.

Lisa said...

We are so glad you are here.