Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crafting

It has been awhile since my last post. I have been busy with the kids, house, work, getting settled at work, etc.

Finally things have slowed down a little and I have started crafting again. Most of what I have done was done with Starr or with her help! Thanks!

First we made these bangle watches. All I have is one watch face and then I have about 10 of these bracelets that I can hook on. We had fun one night using the hundreds of funky beads I got for free at work!





Then we did some glass etching. We made some frames for my Dad for father's day and then I did a few more frames, some glasses, votives, a big ol' cup for Aaron and Starr did a pyrex dish for her father-in-law. It was fun and very easy!


Finally this project was the girls bedroom. We had a flood in our basement last weekend and had to take everything out of the girls room. We are waiting for the carpet pad to get replaced, the carpet to be relaid and then cleaned. This should all be done by Tuesday. So while the room is empty I decided to finally decorate. this is the start! Starr covered some cork boards with fabric and used ribbon to make each girl a personalized memory board. Then I cut tons of vinyl in bright funky colors to make these circles. I love it!


I found these picture frames and filled one for each girl. We added more fun vinyl. These will go above their beds.


This wall is mirrors and vinyl for the girls to do their hair.


I have the bedsets and a cool lamp. I am on the look out for some chairs and milk crates in loud colors to use as shelves and a nightstand. I hope to have everything done Tuesday!

3 comments:

Flem said...

So cute! We can't wait to come see them in person. Leaving soon...

Starr said...

I just wanted to tell you it has been fun doing projects! I love getting together with you. I have missed that! The girl's room looks so good. I love it! Thanks for letting me be a part of your cafting!

Melissa said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun. I want to join in for projects when we come out for Thanksgiving.