Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Miscommunications Suck

In my very large family miscommunications happen often. This last one is my last. I am standing up for myself and my children and stopping the hurt. We will not have anything more to do with my extended family. I am tired of being judged for working out of the home, having my kids in public school, not having a perfectly clean house, letting my kids stay home by themselves, etc.

There is no communication. No opportunity to say what you feel without everyone being brought in and things getting blown out of proportion.

It hurts that what could be isn't. There could be large family gatherings, cousins having sleepovers, exchanging emails and phone calls. There could be fun, collaboration of ideas, sharing of talents. Instead it is each family out for themselves.

So now I will join the ranks of others and leave my family of birth and create a family of choice. A good friend told me the best families are the ones who choose to be together.

2 comments:

Starr said...

Helen,
I too am sorry you feel this way. cow Please know that we will always be here for you when you do need us.
I love you.
Starr

Starr said...

Sorry about the word cow in my comment, I can't figure out how to go back and edit it!
Starr